Where your job matters
Sure, we love love, but we also love our team. We’re kinda known for enlisting the best and most brilliant in the business—the innovators, leaders, thinkers and hustlers. Our people believe in what they do and are a collaborative, creative group who genuinely enjoy learning from each other and spending time together. Basically, being here really is as good as they say.
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the Doodeo way of life. From generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
ABOUT DOODEO MARKETING INTERNSHIP:
Doodeo is seeking an intern to join its marketing team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn more about Doodeo and to help assist our marketing efforts while gaining valuable career experience in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Write highly effective content across various platforms (emails, blogs, website, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Surface and feature the stories of unique Doodeo vendors
- Identify and investigate real events booked through Doodeo
- Contribute to growth of company’s visibility across social platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
- Build and maintain lists and compile data as needed
- Research trends in the event space
- Support various marketing projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Careful attention to detail
- Passion for social marketing
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Working toward or recently completed Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This is a paid internship for Fall of 2018 with awesome perks: brand new office, patio with wifi, game room, & gym!
ABOUT THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Doodeo is looking to hire an experienced senior software engineer to join it’s team in continuing to develop our core product while we embark on an exciting greenfield project. The right engineer will enjoy building scalable applications and amazing consumer experiences with an entrepreneurial mindset in a highly collaborative setting both with fellow engineers and also across disciplines to product and user experience.
- Leverage skills and experience to implement product features that are well architected, tested, and understandable.
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap and Agile planning.
- Promote best practices surrounding TDD, continuous integration, code standards, etc.
- Drive decisions about front end tooling and technologies.
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years overall engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience using React.
- Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment.
- Experience with back end technologies (e.g. Node.js, C#, Ruby on Rails, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Pair programming experience is a plus.
ABOUT THE WEB ANALYTICS ANALYST ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a Web Analytics Analyst to help us plan more personalized and fun weddings in less time—as well as reimagine how people propose, navigate a pregnancy and raise healthy babies. The Analyst will identify insights and trends in our data, enabling us to build products that better address a couple’s needs during life’s most important moments. Given the unique perspective of working across products and brands, this role is positioned to influence decision making by providing thoughtful analytical insights.
This position in the Business Intelligence & Digital Analytics department sits at the intersection of User Experience, Product Analytics and Data Intelligence. The Analyst is closely aligned to the Product organization, contributing to the practice of analytics-based decision making, driving the selection and adoption of new tools, and educating the Product and Design teams on their use. The position also works in close collaboration with the Data Intelligence team to identify and cleanly capture the data required for our algorithms.
The Web Analytics Analyst will have the opportunity to expand his/her understanding of product development by working alongside our prestigious product community. It is a great chance to grow as an analytics professional.
- Supporting the production and distribution of web analytics including:
- Automated dashboards & reports
- Ad hoc analysis as necessary to aid the Product organization in the analysis of web-based products
- Maintaining the digital tracking infrastructure, including compiling and reviewing data requirements for the collection of web analytics and event data, and evaluating the product analytics landscape for new tools as they emerge
- Educating and training the Product organization in the practice of Product Analytics and the accompanying toolset
- Proactively identifying notable changes in patterns and trends across all products and brands
- Helping to “clean up” and centralize data for consumption by multiple stakeholders
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- A/B testing
- Experience collecting and leveraging user event data for analysis (e.g. Segment, keen.io, MixPanel)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Birst, Mode, Tableau, chart.io, d3)
- Basic SQL querying skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills with a knack for recognizing trends/patterns in large data sets
- Must be comfortable drawing key insights from data and communicating/presenting these findings to stakeholders and decision makers
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to identify and communicate effectively with product and engineering teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects and responding quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with a sense of urgency regarding completion of assignments
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Self-motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized, able to multi-task, and keen to work in a collaborative environment